Unicon 2016

Es ceru, ka līdz conam šo kustību būsi iemācījies :grin:

3 Likes

Join my army of watah!
http://animeforums.lv/t/avatar-last-airbender-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-fandom/2016?source_topic_id=2084
:smiley:

Bugagaga… 6min 11sek, es jutu ka būs šādas biļešu cenas…

1 Like

Nu… jā.
Tas fakts tāpat neietekmē to iemeslu, kāpēc es negribu iet uz otro dienu… :'D

Nu nav nereāli dārga. Manuprāt, nepiemērota tam ko unicon piedāvā, bet tas ir tikai mans viedoklis.

Pērku & sūdzos, jo tas ir vienīgais tāds lielākais geek//anime fanu meet-up Latvijā un man liekas, ka, ja ir dota iespēja apmeklēt šādu pasākumu tik tuvu, tad to ir jāizmanto… :'D

Vari aizbraukt uz NYAAA nākošgad, kura cena bija 10 EUR. Visai léti un pieejami, ja neskaitīt ceļu. Nu, vienīgais, no piedāvātā ir tikai 3 konsoles. Viens galda spēļu veikaliņš. WH40k, kas pa lielam nevienam no outsource neinteresē. Nu tur vēl bija AnimeShop.lt un zīmēšanas sekcija. A nu jā… Cosplay bloki. Tik vienīgais visi Baltijas TOP kosplejeri tajā brauca ar tērpiem, kas bija rādīti iepriekš un jau ir saņēmuši kautkādas medaļas… :( Tiesneši bija vietējie Baltijas cilvēki, kuri, brauca tur tikai tāpēc, ka ir organizatoru draugi. Welp. Nesaku, ka NYAAA ir slikts. Bet viennozimīgi, apgalvoju, ka tas ir max, ko var izveidot, ja biļete maksā 10 euro. Pie tam, daži avoti apgalvo, ka NYAAA ir 600 eur mīnusā. :(
Šajā pasualē, par jautrību ir jāmaksā un jo vairāk jautrības gribi, jo vairāk ir jāieguldās. :(

2 Likes

Well it all depends if they are actually going to go for improvement.
Like they buffed the price up , but has there been than much of an increase of quality or just new stuff in general over the year.
(Now IM not saying Unicon is bad or anything , i like Unicon.)
It just seams a bit of a money grab - which is not adequately used for improvement.
And if you are using Comicon as an comparison ,you should check out their program

Comicon
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule ) and compare it to Unicon
Unicons
https://www.facebook.com/uniconlv/photos/a.529731440401106.120590.525377864169797/1258348240872752/?type=3&theater )

Now im not expecting unicon to have celebrity guests and stuff for such a small Con , however i am concerned of them actually using the money they gain for improvement (like even iproving the little stuff for example : Giving the cosplayers Actual time to explain where the props should be or when to use which lighting , cuz they do do it but very poorly )not just for satisfying the hosts wallets size.

:guy_sugoi_lips:

Just look at Judges @UniCon this year. There’s is really popular cosplayers around the world. Also eSports cost ~4k-5k, however they got from sponsors only 500euro. And now you can caount where money goes.

Yep. ComicCon have bigger programm, however, they cost as the fking hell… Plebs like me, aren’t allowed to visit Comiccon, however UniCon still have good price for tickets. I think it’s really posible even for shoolkids to collect 20euro in short time. :wink:

Ņemot vērā to ka biļešu cenu pacelšana ir vienīgais veids kā Unicon neiedzīvojas nenormālajos mīnusos un nodrošina, ka būs vēl Uniconi domāju ka tas ir piedodams, kā jau @m1raz teica, nepatīk, nenāc nevis sūdzies

How do you know Unicons budget?

She’s from STAFF. ;)

Hm. That does not necessary mean she knows how much income and outcome does Unicon have.
I have a friend who is also a staff member . That does not mean she knows all about Unicon.
I doubt Parva would reveal such information , its not a smart business move- he is a lawyer and a business man after all.:necktie:

Welp, looks like it’s not such a big secret if he told some financial details even to me… (I’m just a pony visitor) :smiley:

1 Like

Hm .I have my doubts that the information he has given out is fully true.
How much is the outcome and income?

I disagree on the ‘money-grab’ point. Sure, it might seem expensive from the first glance, but look at it again. The amount of content that Parva & Co has managed to cook up is pretty great for our measly country. Not to mention that Unicon doesn’t have nearly as many sponsors as Comic-con does, nor will it ever. That’s just wishful thinking.
The increase in price could also be attributed to the rent price. If I’m not mistaken, the owner has changed for the Olympic Center and that might’ve jacked up the price. So to cover for possible losses from fewer visitors, the ticket price was increased thus artificially removing that risk even if by just a small notion.

Speaking of budget, the cost of creating any tournaments or contests, or even the convention itself, is hardly ever secret. Sure, they won’t give you the full details, but mainly those numbers are widely available. That encourages both, attendees and sponsors in the future. It’s a simple ‘demand/ supply’ situation. So disclosing that is not a bad business move.

2 Likes

I don’t want to plant gossip. What’s stopping you catch him in the cafe and shake out all the information on their own, so if you do not trust us? :smiley:

I didnt say i dont trust you.
As i said '‘I have my doubts that the information he has given out is fully true’'
Implieing i dont think he would give out such info. So there would not be any point of asking him

The word ‘‘He’’ is supposed to be highlighted

I Would still like to hear how much income and outcome he told you Unicon has.

Hm. I see your point. :clap: