Unicon 2016

He told it to me. I’m not going to tell you. That’s what I call gossip. If you don’t trust me, that price for UniCon is justified and correct, I really can’t help you, bruh… :guy_sugoi_lips:

You seem to be avoiding the price. Are you sure you know it?(not saying you wouldnt know or that you shoudnt know, just asking)
’‘I really can’t help you, bruh…’’ wel you can. by saying the income and outcome.

Would it increase so much tho? Like im not talking about those couple of bucks we pay im talking about the total of those couple of bucks when put together by so many people.

To make it clear I am not attacking Unicon : D IM just curious and I don’t think its ok to be so aggressive to the Topics starter just for saying the price seams inadequate.
Sorry i did not know how just to post this . so i made it a reply to you : D :blush:

:hushed:

It could. I don’t know the exactly situation. I wasn’t there the last year, so I have no idea how much it cost, nor am I really interested in the nitty-gritty of it all. It might as well not just be the rent. The place owner’s could’ve asked for some sort of royalties, there’s also marketing, as little of it as there is. Hell, maybe he Parva just wants to increase the net worth of Unicon as a whole. There are many variables that can be put into the increase of price. But seeing as it is still rather minor, far as I know, I wouldn’t worry too much. If the price jumped by more than 30% (I seriously have no idea how much it was last year), then it would start getting worrying.

Personally, I’m not that interested in that whole community anymore. I’m going more because I was simply asked to. Otherwise I wouldn’t have gone.

True that it’s not necessary to become aggressive. But I can also see his viewpoint. He can afford the price and feels mightier than those who can’t because of that. That’s a passing phase every new working person has to go through. :D

Income and expenditure as a whole doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Far as I’m seeing it, it’s just something to bicker about right now for no real reason.

1 Like

Avoiding the awnser again ay?
Guess its a secret, But the question remains Do you know it and wont say it ,bcs of reasons that could result in me actualy proving you wrong. or Do you not rly know the amount and just wanted to have point ,to win this argument.(as i see it, not implieing it is like that, just mear speculations)
But i guess we will never know .:nikita: ^^

1 Like

Wel i see his point in that anyone can collect such a sum.
I do not think its a ‘‘look im mightier bcs i have money’’ i see it more as ‘‘You offend what i like , you bad >:c’’ type of situation

I do rly like that you have valid arguments :thumbsup:

Okay cracks neck let’s start this long ass answer
First off: I do not know the budget. I do not care to know it nor do I particularly need to. But what I do know is WHERE the money from Unicons go to and all leftover money left after a con goes into the next con so I sincerely doubt the increase of the ticket price is for money grabbing purposes
Second: Parva puts his own personal money into Unicon so one of the reasons for the rise might be that he doesn’t want to do that and wants for Unicon to sustain itself more. And of course I can confirm that ,yes, the rent price did go up so that’s another reason for the rise
And lastly: if you want to know more about the budget of Unicon ask the source a.k.a. Parva. Trying to find the answers to those questions from someone else who heard it from him is just bad manners.
Kay I’m done.

That’s essentially been all mulled over already. :smiley:

Eh added a few things that were left unsaid by you guys

So wait- if you dont know the budget how can you say that Unicon var ieiet Nenormalos mīnusos?
So if you dont know the income and outcome you cant rly say that all the money is beeing spent for the next cons . Your reason on doubting the so called’‘money grab’’ is that you think that it all goes to the next con. - wel im sorry but thats like saying. I believe that bcs i believe that.
Ofcourse Parva would put his own money into it, that does not mean he does not want more money for himself(not saying he does)
Wel my point was not to get out the income and outcome of Unicon. My point was that the argument : ''Uniconam ir liela cena jo viņi iet minusos ''netika nekādīgi pamatots.

Asking for details of the income and outcome that were described by M1raz as : not such a big secret. Isnt rly rude.
However it is rude to attack a person just for thinking the price is inadequate

1 Like

okay, fine I do not know the exact figures yes, BUT I still do stand by what I said because Unicon quite simply is no longer just a con, it’s a brand name with the con as the main attraction and it will most likely continue to expand and to do that money is required and the only way to get money is from the con.
now I don’t just believe that the money goes into the next con, I know that. Of course not all of it goes in there most likely but Jesus fuck, knowing how it is behind the scenes to think that there’s some money grabbing going on seems preposterous to me for the simple fact that there isn’t exactly anything to grab.
Also how exactly is Unicon’s price inadequate? The con keeps getting more content every year and that content isn’t free so of course there would be a rise in the ticket price.

It’s not rude to ask for the income and outcome it’s simply smarter to ask the source because that way you’ll get a more accurate answer
There was no attack on the person, at least not from my end. Personally I just pointed out the contradiction how they choose to still attend the con yet keep complaining about the price. as i said, don’t like the price, simply don’t go, there are other, cheaper cons in the Baltics.

Welp, I just don’t know. Maybe this info is really secret and I’m something like VIP Knight who knows it (Yep, I’m fking optimist :D ). Everybody can ask him personally. Anyway, it’s not your money, dude. You just pay 20e and have fun. Only thing I can tell you, that price is good enought for medium class fest. ;)

But you said you dont know their income and outcome how can you say that there isnt anything to grab?

Wel what would be the point? I dont think you understand why i asked for it. The info is only needed for this topic. Because the discusion was :Could unicon be money grabing. And the arguments against it were that Unicon iet mīnusos,tāpēc tā tas nevarētu būt.
Bet bez actual facts ,arguments. Without them you saying unicon could go in debt is useless then .

Welp, organising UniCon also is a work. Everybody wants to have some money for this. For your educations. Organising a little meet-up in the Park means 3 day without sleep. (tryed my self) Yep. Orginisers put there thay money, Organisers want to have dinner! If you don’t accept this position. Please sell your ticket and don’t come to organised fest.

If organisers will put big uncostable price for small and non interesting event, nobody will come. However. UniCon is big interesting event with normal price for geek who live in family with mounth budget ~800euro (it’s mean normal for Baltic). Also UniCon can offer a lot of merch and free activity.

1 Like

It would be weird if it would not be a secret.

Thats not optimism . Thats just a sarcastic responce wich enables you to avoid againthe question. Wich now most certainly proves previous points.[quote=“m1raz, post:60, topic:2084”]
Only thing I can tell you, that price is good enought for medium class fest. :wink:
[/quote]

Yes. Maybe not if you compare to the collective price income and their % of improvment .

I don’t know the exact numbers but i do know that what I said was true.
You don’t seem to understand, they know, they’ve been told by Parva, the info might not be something he wants everyone to know in all small details so if you want to know ask the fuckin source cuz the topic’s not something one would really want to blabber about. Also this isn’t some academic debate it’s simply people trying to explain

Your argument is that you know bcs you know right?

i already answered this with this:

Did i say it was a Academic debate? why did you presume that?
This is a discusssion tho , because we are discusing . i say my point and arguments and you say yours.